« Home | Damnit... and it's only 2 weeks olde.... » | On the subject of my birthday. » | Pic test - TAKE 2 » | First Post » 

Friday, October 21, 2005 

Flock Post Test

Weell then... let's just see how this works shall we?

Today I am using a new firefox/mozilla/gecko based browser my bud Eric pointed me at called Flock. Hopefully I won't get fired while trying to test/configure this thing. If it works... I'll be impressed. It's supposed to (basically) be firefox with a built in blog editor, websharing.... editor (?) and some other stuff (editor?). Why this couldn't be incorporated as an extension, and therefore making it much easier on the team... (editor?) or maybe not I'm not sure. Anyway... if it works it'll be cool. Needs a mouse gesture extension.. but it appears as though there may be some simple ways that you can convert firefox extensions over to Flock... as I'm using Adblock (with whitelisting) and WeatherFox.. or whatever they've decided to call it this week.

Oh yeah.. they need some friggin themes. (:

So... for testing sake.... let's try adding a photo:

http://morphium.org/~bursar/images/John/John2.jpg

Allrighty then... so that should work.. we'll see. What I don't like.. is that I can't upload to flickr from here... yet. I think it says that I can or will be able to in the future.. I'll figure that out later. All I know is that my friend Eric sent this link to me and now I have a friggin del.icio.us account or whatever.. and thats how Flock stores your favorites... which is not a new idea but pretty cool anyway.

I'm out.

PaX


Edit: Sweet.. the post... er post editor works as well.. or I think it does. Here's a link to download flock and try it out: http://www.flock.com/developer/


Lates.

Ok.. so not so lates.. here is yet another edit:

allinonegest017-UnauthFlock-Edition.xpi


There's a flock compatible (untested really) all-in-one-gestures extension for flock if you're interested. Mostly you just need to add:

...to the install.rdf file within the .xpi file itself and you're good to go.

Yes.. that's right.. its an image... because apparently there isn't or I don't know how to use a bbcode-like tag such as that will tell browsers and blogger alike to leave my text the fsck alone so that I can just post it straight up... even removing formatting didn't do it for me... likely because of the <>... ugh.. so I took a screenie.

BAH.

Oh well.. it still works pretty damn well and its a beta product.


Technorati Tags: ,